Adams+Collingwood have submitted an entry into the NLA New Ideas for Housing competition.
The proposal ‘up-cycles’ terraced houses for 21st century living and future adaptability: Renovating the terraced house with altered planning legislation and government-assisted funding.
What? One new dwelling per typical terraced house
How? By simply adding a single storey, with roof terrace, and a full height extension to the back.
Why? Cost effective solution to our current housing crisis whilst retaining and reviving a valued London housing typology.
- Zero-carbon re-cycling of the traditional terraced house
- Minimal disruption to London, maximum effect
- Regeneration of existing infrastructure
- Cost effective solution for the government and the homeowner
- New supply of ground floor garden flats (most in demand demographic for new housing stock
Click here to view the full submission: A+C Architects-The Terrace Upcyle-Illustrated Report